I want to be in all senses of the words, All. Things. Mama.
As far back as I can remember I've wanted to be a mom, not just any mom, but the mom that stays home with her kids full time. The mom who loves even when she is not loved back, who can't breathe without thinking of her kids first. The mom who loves teaching, playing, cooking, baking, laughing, and kissing owies. The mom who is ALL THINGS MAMA. My husband and I scrimp so that dream can be fulfilled. Being a mom is not part time for me. It is something that has captured my heart. All of the going ons of my life start with thoughts of my kids. My kids consume my love and my life and I allow it because, with God's help they are the essence of what makes me a mother. This is me...

kids: the reason for moms

kids: the reason for moms

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Life's everyday amazing moments

Everyday there is something or someone that amazes me, something God whispers into our lives, helping us live a little better, giving us a better outlook.  Here is a list of some of the most recent...some are big, some small, all amazing ;)

-Melanie saying "I need a purse" when I ask her if she's ready to go.
-Paying all of our bills and somehow still having money left over (has to be God!)
-Easton saying "ball" when I get one out for him to play with.
-Getting paid an unexpected, extra bonus from a job I only work at 2 days a month for a measly 3 hour shift.
-Seeing one of my kids fall and in some act of grace, miss getting badly hurt by a tenth of a centimeter (amazing!)
-My husband coming home from work at 5 in the evening after leaving the house at 4:30 in the morning and still smiling and in a good mood..don't know how he does it!
-Seeing pre-children photos and wondering how I lived without them.
-Finding something that works to stop a Melanie fit without giving in to the fit ;)
-Creating a new recipe that tastes REALLY good.
-Meeting up with old friends I haven't seen in over a year or maybe 2!
-Hearing Melanie say I love you in both Spanish and English.
-Hearing Melanie say anything in Spanish ;)
-Watching my kids light up and laugh when Guapo comes in the room.
-Watching Guapo take the "kids' abuse" without complaint.
-Seeing my kids sleep soundly and peacefully.
Lots more---but I need some sleep! Buenas noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like feedback..but be kind :)