I want to be in all senses of the words, All. Things. Mama.
As far back as I can remember I've wanted to be a mom, not just any mom, but the mom that stays home with her kids full time. The mom who loves even when she is not loved back, who can't breathe without thinking of her kids first. The mom who loves teaching, playing, cooking, baking, laughing, and kissing owies. The mom who is ALL THINGS MAMA. My husband and I scrimp so that dream can be fulfilled. Being a mom is not part time for me. It is something that has captured my heart. All of the going ons of my life start with thoughts of my kids. My kids consume my love and my life and I allow it because, with God's help they are the essence of what makes me a mother. This is me...

kids: the reason for moms

kids: the reason for moms

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Chicken fried elk steak and everything in between...

Time to slow down after a busy week.  A few too many play dates, a day spent with Grandma, a wedding rehearsal, big grocery shopping trips, bank drive thru stops, diaper runs, a Pampered Chef party, and a wedding, made for a lively and tiring last seven days...but we all LOVED it.  All of the past week's events have made it blatantly obvious that  my cozy bugs are growing up right before my eyes and seemingly way too fast.  I actually teared up thinking that someday my Melanie Bug will be having her own wedding day and Easton Pies will one day not want to live with his mommy and daddy, because he will be grown up!  But for now, I have decided to savor the ages they are and record as much of their lives as possible, so we can all remember.
On Wednesday, we took Melanie to her first wedding rehearsal because she was asked to be a flower girl for my cousin's big day.  Easton stayed with his Grandma and Grandpa while Darrell and I took Mel to the rehearsal.  Melanie did so well.  She sat so nicely in a wagon with her cousin Ashlyn while her older cousin Gabe pulled them down the aisle.  We were proud!  Afterwards, we went to pick up Easton and found out what a big boy he became just in the hours we were gone.  He ate chicken fried elk steak for dinner!  He only has two teeth, isn't even 9 months old, and he is eating like a man! Yet another reminder, growing up seemingly way too fast.  Why does time accelerate itself once kids are in the picture?
On Friday, I felt like super mom..even though most moms can do all the things I did that day with MORE than 2 kids, I still at least FELT like a super mom. :)  We left the house at 9 and met with some friends at McDonald's play land and played for an hour and a half (and yes, we packed our own food because I can't justify paying to feed my kids that much fat and grease, but that's a whole other blog.)  Next, we went to the bank, then to Target for diapers and wipes, where, after paying for our purchase, we ate our lunch in the parking lot. ;)  Lastly, we had a BIG shopping trip to do at WinCo, because we were out of almost everything at home.  The cart became so full that Melanie had to walk while I pushed the groceries and Easton in the cart.  She is becoming such a little girl, rather than a toddler!  She kept her hands off the things in the aisles and stayed right next to me the entire time, holding my hand.  How many more things this week can remind me how grown up she is getting to be??  The things that made me feel most like super mom (other than holding one cozy bug's hand while maneuvering a cart of groceries and a baby) was bagging all of the groceries myself (because that's what you do at WinCo) while making sure Mel stayed with me and that East did not grab things off the counter. And, I still got them home in time for naps!  Just 2 years ago I would not have thought it possible for me to be able to do that!
Our last busy day of the week ended with a wedding, where Melanie performed beautifully.  She may not have smiled while being pulled down the aisle, but she sat still and was a good girl, and that's more than we could have asked for!  Our little serious bug did great and made these parents so proud!  Below is a picture to prove it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like feedback..but be kind :)