I want to be in all senses of the words, All. Things. Mama.
As far back as I can remember I've wanted to be a mom, not just any mom, but the mom that stays home with her kids full time. The mom who loves even when she is not loved back, who can't breathe without thinking of her kids first. The mom who loves teaching, playing, cooking, baking, laughing, and kissing owies. The mom who is ALL THINGS MAMA. My husband and I scrimp so that dream can be fulfilled. Being a mom is not part time for me. It is something that has captured my heart. All of the going ons of my life start with thoughts of my kids. My kids consume my love and my life and I allow it because, with God's help they are the essence of what makes me a mother. This is me...

kids: the reason for moms

kids: the reason for moms

Friday, August 13, 2010

Naps..good and bad

Naps are luxurious when we are spending the day at home.  I get free time and the cozy bugs get the much needed sleep their little bodies demand to keep them sprouting.  They also mean my cozy bugs will be in perfect form for continuing a day of learning and playing .  All mamas know how  our little ones are when the naps have escaped the day.  They suddenly aren't actually cozy at all.
My girl is the one standing at the window ;)
My two cozy bugs looking at the seals.
Yesterday, we allowed naps to escape us for a day of seeing animals.  Our friend has a pass that gets us in the zoo for free.  It was worth the napless day to hear my little girl, 2 months shy of 2 years old, say "monties! hoo hoo ha ha" as she curiously stared at the monkeys hang from the trees and perform for us. It was worth it to let go and give her some freedom as she walked through the water sprinkler area without me to cool off and play.  Everything seemed so worth it...until the ride home. The sweet little girl at the zoo turned into a mono loco (crazy monkey).  I tried to keep my composure as I listened to her scream "NO NO NO NO!" over and over in between her fits of crying.  This lasted for 40 minutes.  Being the "ever loving and kind" mom I am (or try to be), I even pulled over to buy her juice from a coffee stand only to have it pushed back in my face.  Nothing could stop her.  She was a too tired, crazed out girl in despair who could not control her emotions.  So I kept driving, and I let her keep crying.
Somehow my precious little boy stayed asleep through most of it.  Funny how two kids from the same parents can have such different personalities.  Even when he was awake he was contentedly smiling as the screaming raged on. I love that about him.  Happy in all situations.  Why can't I be like that?
We came home and ended the day with relaxing on the couch to watch Elmo. Elmo made everything better. There were no more fits and bedtime came so quickly that it made the day worth it once again.

1 comment:

  1. I would never have thought Melanie had little meltdowns...she always seems so up and happy to me. Nice that Easton's on an even keel when sister is melting down! Both of them are so darling, so healthy, so beautiful, truly gifts from God to you and your sweet hubby!

    ReplyDelete

I like feedback..but be kind :)