I want to be in all senses of the words, All. Things. Mama.
As far back as I can remember I've wanted to be a mom, not just any mom, but the mom that stays home with her kids full time. The mom who loves even when she is not loved back, who can't breathe without thinking of her kids first. The mom who loves teaching, playing, cooking, baking, laughing, and kissing owies. The mom who is ALL THINGS MAMA. My husband and I scrimp so that dream can be fulfilled. Being a mom is not part time for me. It is something that has captured my heart. All of the going ons of my life start with thoughts of my kids. My kids consume my love and my life and I allow it because, with God's help they are the essence of what makes me a mother. This is me...

kids: the reason for moms

kids: the reason for moms

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Falling into Autumn

Today makes me feel like making something cozy.  I want the house to smell like pumpkin spice candles and I want to bake.  I did neither of those..but I did make lentil chili.  It turned out more like soup, but yummy just the same.  On this last day of August, which topped out at 59 degrees, we had good company over for dinner and watched all the tiny cozy bugs play together in the toy room.  They had fun, we had fun, and even though it was fall weather on a summer day, it felt normal, like that's the way it was supposed to be on August 31st.
Now, as I write on the morning of September 1st, I'm thinking about how cozy it was to have all 4 of us together in bed this morning.  The cozy bugs squished together between us, Melanie's arm over Easton as they slept.  Picture perfect moment, but it was too early, and I was too lazy to get out of bed to grab the camera. Of course, I'm regretting that decision now because it would have been nice to record that precious little tick in time.
Daddy got to hang out with us this morning, he didn't have to leave at his normal time of 4:30 am, and the kids were so happy to see him.  Easton running around laughing and staring at daddy while in his walker, Melanie hugging her daddy and cozying him, and me being able to have coffee with my handsome hubby.  Such a needed treat for all of us!
Now, the kids have eaten breakfast together and are waiting for bath time, as am I.  So, until the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like feedback..but be kind :)