I want to be in all senses of the words, All. Things. Mama.
As far back as I can remember I've wanted to be a mom, not just any mom, but the mom that stays home with her kids full time. The mom who loves even when she is not loved back, who can't breathe without thinking of her kids first. The mom who loves teaching, playing, cooking, baking, laughing, and kissing owies. The mom who is ALL THINGS MAMA. My husband and I scrimp so that dream can be fulfilled. Being a mom is not part time for me. It is something that has captured my heart. All of the going ons of my life start with thoughts of my kids. My kids consume my love and my life and I allow it because, with God's help they are the essence of what makes me a mother. This is me...

kids: the reason for moms

kids: the reason for moms

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Shadows of a summer gone...

Summer's gone, so it seems.  We're headed into fall leaving behind our fun in the sun memories.  My kids grew by leaps and bounds this summer.  Easton's crawling, starting to pull up on things, really wanting to walk, Melanie's talking SO much, becoming so self sufficient, it's almost like they aren't babies anymore!  So we took pictures, A LOT of pictures, to remember the times when they were more like babies, times when they needed mama and daddy and thought we were cool, times we'll miss.
Times of pig tails and laughing..
Times of jammy playing babies after bathing..
Times of buying 25 cent tea "cuppies" that make a little girl happy..
For animal watching on warm sunny days...
For trying new things, with sunscreen in our hair!
and for learning to share...

For pink cowboy boots, and faux hawks that make us look so darn cute...
Too many summer memories to count, it makes us realize more and more what REALLY counts...



Family..family matters most in the end...the people God gives us to love and cherish on this earth.

1 comment:

I like feedback..but be kind :)