I want to be in all senses of the words, All. Things. Mama.
As far back as I can remember I've wanted to be a mom, not just any mom, but the mom that stays home with her kids full time. The mom who loves even when she is not loved back, who can't breathe without thinking of her kids first. The mom who loves teaching, playing, cooking, baking, laughing, and kissing owies. The mom who is ALL THINGS MAMA. My husband and I scrimp so that dream can be fulfilled. Being a mom is not part time for me. It is something that has captured my heart. All of the going ons of my life start with thoughts of my kids. My kids consume my love and my life and I allow it because, with God's help they are the essence of what makes me a mother. This is me...

kids: the reason for moms

kids: the reason for moms

Monday, August 1, 2011

hugs and sleep fighting...

Both my kids are fighting naps.  I'm exactly one month away from bringing a newborn in our house and they have chosen that now is a good time to stop napping.  As annoying as it is, because I would like to nap today too, it all dissolves into happy thoughts when I think about the way they feel when they hug me.  Or the way they look when they hug someone else.
I've decided toddler hugs are one of the best things in the world.  They don't just hug, they do it with all their might and love and they mean it.
Melanie adds on a surprise last minute kiss after a hug that makes me forget the fits and meltdowns that happened two minutes before-hand. And Easton, my precious Easton, will hug me and in the sweetest, little, yet somewhat deep boy voice say, "wuv you mama, much".
If I could save these hugs in a bottle for future comfort and love, I would...and I'd make millions selling them. :)  So, I guess I don't truly care if they miss a nap or two..as long as they still love hugging me...but I'll keep trying for the naps too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like feedback..but be kind :)