I want to be in all senses of the words, All. Things. Mama.
As far back as I can remember I've wanted to be a mom, not just any mom, but the mom that stays home with her kids full time. The mom who loves even when she is not loved back, who can't breathe without thinking of her kids first. The mom who loves teaching, playing, cooking, baking, laughing, and kissing owies. The mom who is ALL THINGS MAMA. My husband and I scrimp so that dream can be fulfilled. Being a mom is not part time for me. It is something that has captured my heart. All of the going ons of my life start with thoughts of my kids. My kids consume my love and my life and I allow it because, with God's help they are the essence of what makes me a mother. This is me...

kids: the reason for moms

kids: the reason for moms

Sunday, August 7, 2011

A mess with a purpose...

This task I've been given...
It's hard...
Trying to turn the natural born bad instincts into good.

I naturally want to act bad and so do my kids..the only difference is that I know how I should act and my kids don't know all the time.  And they watch.  They imitate. They observe my actions and if I act out in ways that are inappropriate, they think it's ok.  I try to be on my best behavior, because actions are louder than words.
This isn't my junk drawer--just a pic from Google images.

We're all born like a messy junk drawer. We are constantly trying to be organized but never fail to stay unorganized.  But luckily we're all messes with a purpose.  A God given purpose.  I want to teach my kids to focus on their God given purpose so their junk drawers are more neat than messy.

Sometimes it feels like, so far, NOT so good.  I just ruined my kids' good behavior expectations by the way I reacted to a situation.  And other times I am thanking God for giving me patience for the 100th fit that was thrown that day.

As much as I can make life sound so perfect and fun by all the cute stories I write in this blog, it is no secret that there are those days where life feels way less than perfect and not fun at all!

Today is a good day.  As I write this blog entry, this is what I'm watching my kids do as they laugh hysterically!  Hoping they wear themselves out for bedtime!


No matter what, God is good and I'm lucky He gave all of us messes a purpose in life!
Oh ya, and the whole reason I'm talking about junk drawers is because I have 2 that need to be organized right now. And I'm not talking about figurative junk drawers.  They're the real deal! lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like feedback..but be kind :)