I want to be in all senses of the words, All. Things. Mama.
As far back as I can remember I've wanted to be a mom, not just any mom, but the mom that stays home with her kids full time. The mom who loves even when she is not loved back, who can't breathe without thinking of her kids first. The mom who loves teaching, playing, cooking, baking, laughing, and kissing owies. The mom who is ALL THINGS MAMA. My husband and I scrimp so that dream can be fulfilled. Being a mom is not part time for me. It is something that has captured my heart. All of the going ons of my life start with thoughts of my kids. My kids consume my love and my life and I allow it because, with God's help they are the essence of what makes me a mother. This is me...

kids: the reason for moms

kids: the reason for moms

Friday, March 4, 2011

oh the little things...

It's been the little things lately that make me smile and even shed a tear of joy these days. The tiny daily details that might be forgotten if they didn't make me smile so darn big and make enough of an impression on my heart that I feel compelled to write about it.
For example, Easton's routine of getting really excited and pounding on the table when he sees his breakfast coming in the morning makes me smile big.  Hearing Melanie explain to Easton, "no Eastie, not daddy, daddy working!" when she hears him say "dada?", Guapo being told to go nigh night, while being forced into his bed and covered with any blanket in sight in the middle of the day by both kids, the toilet randomly flushing because Easton has snuck into the bathroom AGAIN. It's these teeny tid bits of our days together that keep me going and it's these little memories that will be fun to share with them when they're older.
Today started something new.  A little jig Easton started dancing to make us laugh.  I caught it on video.  He does it whether there is music or not.  He does it because he is just plain happy! What if we all did that? Pretty sure we'd be laughing more and in better moods.  The first time he started his jig was in the bathroom, trying to entertain Melanie as she was going potty.  Really cute, super funny and I grabbed the camera just in time.  Take a gander...I'm sure you'll enjoy--happy weekend everyone!

1 comment:

I like feedback..but be kind :)