I want to be in all senses of the words, All. Things. Mama.
As far back as I can remember I've wanted to be a mom, not just any mom, but the mom that stays home with her kids full time. The mom who loves even when she is not loved back, who can't breathe without thinking of her kids first. The mom who loves teaching, playing, cooking, baking, laughing, and kissing owies. The mom who is ALL THINGS MAMA. My husband and I scrimp so that dream can be fulfilled. Being a mom is not part time for me. It is something that has captured my heart. All of the going ons of my life start with thoughts of my kids. My kids consume my love and my life and I allow it because, with God's help they are the essence of what makes me a mother. This is me...

kids: the reason for moms

kids: the reason for moms

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Firsts...

This last Saturday morning was a morning of a first...Melanie got up while I was still sleeping and went downstairs without me! I woke to the sound of little feet running around downstairs.  I got out of bed and found her playing.  I asked "Did you wake up and come downstairs to play by yourself?" and she just started laughing like it was the best thing she'd ever done.  Luckily she can't get into much in the fridge otherwise she might have pulled what my sister and I used to do when we were little, eating licorice and whipped cream for breakfast. (luckily we don't have either of those things in our house right now)
In the last couple weeks little tummy tumblers have become normal for our newest addition.  It usually happens after I eat or drink something.  It feels like a little gold fish is swimming and flipping around my belly and even though that seems like it would be a weird feeling, I. love. it.  Makes the pregnancy seem more real, and I realize that I don't have 2 kids anymore, I have 3!
When I was younger I thought I would only have one baby, because I didn't believe I'd be able to go through child birth more than once.  Turns out mamas have high pain tolerances. I didn't have to go through child birth, c-sections became my normal.  And being cut open and sewn back together is so worth the love that is placed in my arms afterwards.
Easton started brushing his own teeth and he actually does a better job than Melanie.  It used to be I would have to pin him down and shove the brush in his mouth to get them clean.  Now he opens his mouth voluntarily, (says awe!) lets me brush around, and then finishes by brushing them himself.
While lots of firsts bring joy, there are other firsts that bring heartache and tears.  But it is these firsts that also put things into a greater perspective, bring your heart closer to God, and remind us that it is only through Jesus that we have a hope that inspires us to move on and live better, love stronger, and visit with friends and family more often.
This week brought news that a good friend has cancer.  Since then, I've been in constant prayer and I am asking you all, my friends and family to be in prayer with me.  I'm praying for healing and hope and strength for everyone involved.  Please pray the same and let us all be reminded about what is most important in life and let the trivial things slide.

1 comment:

  1. Martha, I am so happy for you--motherhood suits you! I am praying for your friend. It's so hard to understand these things, but God has a plan, and it's for the best!

    ReplyDelete

I like feedback..but be kind :)