I want to be in all senses of the words, All. Things. Mama.
As far back as I can remember I've wanted to be a mom, not just any mom, but the mom that stays home with her kids full time. The mom who loves even when she is not loved back, who can't breathe without thinking of her kids first. The mom who loves teaching, playing, cooking, baking, laughing, and kissing owies. The mom who is ALL THINGS MAMA. My husband and I scrimp so that dream can be fulfilled. Being a mom is not part time for me. It is something that has captured my heart. All of the going ons of my life start with thoughts of my kids. My kids consume my love and my life and I allow it because, with God's help they are the essence of what makes me a mother. This is me...

kids: the reason for moms

kids: the reason for moms

Sunday, November 14, 2010

It's more beautiful, more wonderful...

Veggie Tales has taught me a lesson, well maybe a few lessons. Lesson 1: The world is more beautiful when you see it through God's eyes.  If I truly want to find the good stuff in life, I'm going to have to make it my priority to see what God sees.  Lesson 2: Kids need God...NOW.  God didn't tell us to "train up a child in the way he should go" for no reason.  We've been praying with the kids before bed for quite a while now, but talking about God's wonderful awesomeness is something that goes by the wayside in between the everyday toddler topics of juice, ABCs, crackers, animal noises, uh-ohs and 123s.  Don't you worry though, I'm thinking of ways to squeeze it into the day as I think more about it.  Lesson 3: Kids understand more than we give them credit for.  God is not too big of a concept.  I think I have a harder time understanding who God is and how merciful and gracious He is than kids do.  Kids keep it simple, just like God keeps it simple. Trust in Him and let Him do the rest.  God didn't say to have "faith like a child" for no reason either, right?
I think life would be more beautiful and wonderful just from learning these lessons from Veggie Tales.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like feedback..but be kind :)