I want to be in all senses of the words, All. Things. Mama.
As far back as I can remember I've wanted to be a mom, not just any mom, but the mom that stays home with her kids full time. The mom who loves even when she is not loved back, who can't breathe without thinking of her kids first. The mom who loves teaching, playing, cooking, baking, laughing, and kissing owies. The mom who is ALL THINGS MAMA. My husband and I scrimp so that dream can be fulfilled. Being a mom is not part time for me. It is something that has captured my heart. All of the going ons of my life start with thoughts of my kids. My kids consume my love and my life and I allow it because, with God's help they are the essence of what makes me a mother. This is me...

kids: the reason for moms

kids: the reason for moms

Monday, November 1, 2010

I am so grateful...

And it's not just because Thanksgiving is throughly upon us, it's because God has given me little goodies from heaven and their names are Melanie and Easton.
My two little Halloween goodies dressed up like a fairy princess and a frog.  Easton ended up looking more like a leprechaun, but cute no less.
  Melanie became a candy monster this year.  She was beside herself with glee looking at her stash.  She even asked to have some "tandy" for breakfast this morning.  I was hoping for one more year of blessed "ignorance" to the whole candy thing because I didn't want to become the "mean mom" this year.   But it happened...she continuously fingered through her candy and pretended to eat it, ran away trying to hide with a piece of it, and we had to stand our ground and be the good, consistent parents that don't let their kids eat ALL the candy in one night.  It's tough, the parent thing. :)  So to make it less tough, the candy basket was accidentally on purpose "left" in the truck last night.  None of us ate any candy today.  But we did have cookies! We can't completely deprive ourselves, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like feedback..but be kind :)