I want to be in all senses of the words, All. Things. Mama.
As far back as I can remember I've wanted to be a mom, not just any mom, but the mom that stays home with her kids full time. The mom who loves even when she is not loved back, who can't breathe without thinking of her kids first. The mom who loves teaching, playing, cooking, baking, laughing, and kissing owies. The mom who is ALL THINGS MAMA. My husband and I scrimp so that dream can be fulfilled. Being a mom is not part time for me. It is something that has captured my heart. All of the going ons of my life start with thoughts of my kids. My kids consume my love and my life and I allow it because, with God's help they are the essence of what makes me a mother. This is me...

kids: the reason for moms

kids: the reason for moms

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Ideas before sleep

It's been my secret, I haven't told anyone,now I'm telling everyone.  I really want to write a book. A novel. The only reason I haven't started it is because I've been waiting for the "great book idea" to hit me.  The idea that will make my book a page turner.  Before I fall asleep at night lots of ideas run through my head and by the time morning hits, they're gone.  So, I've been trying to make myself get up and write them down.  The problem is I have to turn on our nightstand lamp to do this.  The minute I do that (even if it's turned on really low) my husband immediately says, "turn off the light."  Of course I oblige to his request because he has to get up at 4 every morning and it would be rude of me to keep him awake.  Therefore, last night, when an idea came to mind, I had my cell phone light on as I scribbled it down as fast as I could so as not to wake my handsome hubby.  I think its the one.  The story I've been waiting to come to my mind.  A lot of work is ahead of me.  Don't judge me if I don't finish it or if I finish it and it isn't an awesomely written, NY Times bestseller, work of literary art.  I don't even have a writing style. I'm not an author.  I just want to be one.  So now everyone knows, and if you'll excuse me, it's a little before 6 am and I have two sick little kids, standing by the couch,  fighting to sit on my lap, that I must tend to.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like feedback..but be kind :)